Monday, April 28, 2008

8th Q: Have you ever called the police? Why?

Yes, I have. In the early summer of 2001, I awoke around 2 a.m. I felt someone watching me. At first I couldn't see anyone in my bedroom, but I was shocked to see a man roaming around my living room. I locked the bedroom door quickly, and called the police. Luckily, the police officer came to my apartment in about 5 minutes.


The man turned out to be one of my neighbors. My apartment number was 606, and his was 603. After he got drunk, he took the wrong entrance. I happened not to lock the front door that night. From that night, I have always made a double check to lock windows and doors before I go to bed.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi,Kate~~
I'm Jessica. Your story is so funny.. A few years ago, one day I had my wedding presents stolen by thief. Its cost was about seven million won. So I have called police at that time. But There was no good way to find it. Finally, we gave up our valuabe objects. At that time I blubbered because I got lost my precious memories

Clara said...

Hi, Kate. I'm Clara.
Always thank you for driving me to Iksan.
Your experience is like TV episode. I never called the police before but the police visited me many times in last year. Because one of my students made quiet a lot of problems outside school as well as inside. Actually I had a hard time to deal with that student last year. I experienced checking crime scene with policemen. That was really bad memory. Now I'm so happy that I don't need to consider those kind of student caring things.

Nicole said...

Hi Kate,
What a scary experience. I usually don't lock my doors out here in the countryside but maybe I should start. I used to work at a 24 hour gas station when I was in University and, as the assistant manager, I had to call the police for theft or any sort of trouble. I called the police several times.