Sunday, April 20, 2008

Is There a Local Festival in Your City?

Yesterday my family and I went to Kwangju to see my sister-in-law's sister's wedding ceremony. On the way home we went to Hampyong, where a local festival is being held. There are so many butterfly and insects. My sons really enjoyed it. They wished they could stay longer, but we couldn't. I promised them to bring them to another festivals.

Could you recommend any interesting festivals you've experienced?
Iksan holds a cherry blossom festival in spring and a a chrysanthemum festival in fall.
If you visit Iksan during the festivals, you can get a discount on some jewelry.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi,
Nearby in Ochang, there is a Canola flower festival. It will be held at the beginning of May.

Sunny-S03-07 said...

Hi, Kate!
I can't think of any festival held near my hometown. But, The Snow Festival of Mt. Taebaek was just fantastic. Last winter I climbed Mt. Taebaek and enjoyed the snow festival. That mountain was packed with so many tourists, but I liked it very much.

yanni said...

Hi, ha ha..
Unfortunately there are no festivals around Osan. I used to visit Yeoju and Ichon, where pottery festivals are held in the fall every year. Yeoju is famous for high-quality of rice and sweet potatoes. Also, the Nam Han river runs through the city, so the scenery is beautiful. You can visit the tomb of King Sejong and a well-known temple called Sinluk-sa on the river. I was once a teacher in a high school there. I recommend you to visit Yeoju in the fall.

s0311april said...

I guesss every county has a county fair... Kumsan (Macluhan's hometown)has a ginseng festival every fall. They carry ginseng and many other different vegetables. You can buy Korean ginseng at a resonable price there.

Andy's said...

Plum Festival in March
The Maehwa Festival is performed at Maehwa Village, which is located between Baegunsan(Mt.) and the Seomjin River, and is full of the blossoms' perfume. Every year, various events are held, such as the sketch contest, writing contest, traditional folk song festival and a photographic contest including various exhibitions.