Monday, April 7, 2008

5th Question

Hello!
I'm so happy to be back to K.N.U.E., except that I didn't finish an outlining for Reggie's composition class. It is hard for me to think critically and make a rough outline.
At school, I didn't give much homework to my students.
I know they already have many kinds of homework.
And most of them come home very late, even after midnight.
They don't have enough sleep.
That's the reason I don't give them much homework.

I have enough time, and I can't finish my homework in time, though.


When you teach at school, how often do you give homework?
And how much time are the students expected to spend on their homework?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kate!!
I met a woman Kim Ki-bok again this morning at the Cheongju Toll Gate. ㅎㅎ

As for me, I give homework almost everyday. It's a countryside school and they don't go to any institution and never open their book without assingments. But they can do them in twenty minutes, I hope.
/Andy

Sunny-S03-07 said...

Hi, Kate!
I totally agree with you on giving homeworks to students. I myself seldom give assignments to my students considering their burdens. Instead, I try to give some tasks that students can do during the class. As far as I know, I haven't found any single student who favors homework. Am I wrong?

Mars said...

I hardly give my students homework. As you said, they had already a lot of things to do, I don't want one more homework to pile on the top of the other homework. I believe they always try to do their best at their schoolwork.

s0311april said...

I don't give any homework except performance assessment assighnments. They should hand in their perfomance assessment assighnments four times a year. So I think that's a lot for them..

Mcluhan said...

Usually, I don't give any homework to my students. However, I give an assignment as a punishment. It is called "Black Paper".
The student must fill the white paper with vocabulary practices until the white paper turns into black.

KIMMIE said...

Hi, Kate!

Acutally, I don't give students homework. I just try to make them concentrate on class itself. Nowadays, they seem to consider homework as sirous as I did. There were many students who didn't do any homework, or some of them didn't even care about it. I was so stressful at that time. So, for my mental health, I don't do it anymore.

Nicole said...

Hi Kate,
This is a great question for me as I can see everyone's answers in the comments. I believe in only giving homework that helps to improve a skill.