Monday, April 14, 2008

6th Question

Hi, everyone.

Did you enjoy your weekend? Actually I couldn't.
As soon as I arrived home, I had to do so many house chores.
I felt tired on the night of April 12, but the next day I did what was left behind.
Finally, I went to ER to get a shot and a prescription Sunday morning.

I feel a big burden in doing house chores.
How do you share your house chores with your partner?

My husband doesn't like to do any when I am at home.
Usually I take the most parts; cooking, cleaning, vacuuming doing the laundry and so on.
I understand that he is too busy, but I sometimes feel like it's unfair.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Kate,
This is one of the most difficult cultural differences for me. I grew up in a home where my father did 50% or more of the housechores and I, as a child, was expected to do chores as well. My mother worked so my parents took turns preparing food and cleaning. When I turned 13 or so, I was expected to take my own turn as well. I think that Korean men have to accept their fair share of responsibility if their wives work outside the home and the first step is raising sons to do the same amount of work.

Judy said...

I understand you. I have same problem like you. When I was at home, my husband always arrived late at home. But nowadays, surprised with him. He always comes home early and tris to play with my daughter. He really likes to play with my daughter. I think I need to leave some works for him. I realize that he can do well in house chores.

s0311april said...

It took me almost 3years to transform my husband. My hubby is eldest son. You may know what a Korean eldest son like. You have to make him think he is the only one who is obsolete in the 21st century. These days, my husband does the dishes, take out the garbage, vacuum.

Sunny-S03-07 said...

Cheer up! Kate!
You cannot be a superwoman. The most important thing is your health. You need to take it easy on your housework and treat yourself.
I myself try my best to do the housework, but that will never be enough. Hiring a part-time housemaid may will help, and it doesn't cost you much.